September 7, 2010

New Job


So true to my word we forgot about our blog until the other day. Titan has been workin for the past 6 months out at the prison as a correction officer. As you can imagine it can be a pretty rough job given the environment you are in. We made a family decision that the job combined with hours that made it hard to spend time together was definitely not worth the pay by our standards. So an executive decision was made and Titan put in his two weeks notice. I am pretty sure it is the best decision we have made since we've been married (our dining room paint colors come in a close second though - cuz it looks BOMB). Titan has already picked up 6 hunts to guide which already outpays his salary by December and leaves me a lot more Friday nights to watch football games with my husband. He is going to guide for the remainder of this hunting season and is working on getting his outfitting license set for next year and all the paperwork that goes with starting your own business - he's a champ. The reason our blog came back to life from all of this was because of the following conversation:

Titan: "I'm so glad I only have two days left out there and then get to start spending more time seeing you."

me: "Me too, then we can finally have time to go to the games or go away for the weekend. It's gonna be so nice."

Titan: "Yeah and I'll have time to get projects around the house done and we'll just have so much more time to do things. Like we can do a family blog."

K...so I'm not sure if he said it mocking the blogness or if he's just that dang cute. He takes the cute credit but I'm not so sure he's not just a smart #@* ha ha jk. Either way our blog was dusted off and we are back to workin on it.

Married life is pretty sweet...we like it. We got a lot of pre-marriage talks about how the little things will drive you crazy and given example after example about the things that they will do. Well I was brushing my teeth the other morning when I realized me and him had never had a disagreement over this kind of thing. See -I'm pretty laid back and don't give a crap how I squeeze the toothpaste, or if the toilet paper goes over or under, and if you've seen my closet you know I don't care where you kick your shoes off at. Well I knew that I didn't care about these things but realized I had no idea if Titan had a preference on how they were done....well I know the shoe thing cuz I've seen his closet too. Anyhow, I was thinking to myself, Well crap, I'm probably the spouse that annoys the other one & doesn't even know that I'm doing it. So I asked him, "Hunny, how do you squeeze your toothpaste?" He looked at me like I was a weirdo and said like this...and demonstrated on an imaginary toothpaste tube squeezing it. "Well I'm just asking in case you do it a certain way and I do it a different way because people always say that things like that are what you fight about at first when you're married.....so what about toilet paper....do you care if it goes over or under?" He just laughed and gave me his Titan answer, "Hun as long as there's toilet paper there I'm happy." Aww sweet love. ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment